Is physical therapy covered by my insurance company?
Physical therapy is almost always included under your medical coverage. You can either check with your plan administrator or call us directly at 503-295-2585. We would be glad to verify your eligibility for you and go over your physical therapy benefits in detail with you.
If you do not have insurance, or your plan does not cover PT, we offer a significant discount for paying at the time of service. Please call the clinic for details.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for 2x a week for 6 weeks. Do I get to come that often?
Care plans are custom designed by your physical therapist based upon your diagnosis, acuity and goals. Your doctor’s prescription is simply a way that he/she authorizes physical therapy. After your first appointment, your physical therapist will prescribe a treatment plan that is appropriate for you. We will then send the report over to your doctor for his approval. As part of your care team, we will be in communication with your doctor throughout the course of your treatment, sending progress reports and updating them on your functional status and treatment goals.
Do you have parking near the clinic?
Yes, there is a private lot on the corner of 20th and Irving that you may park in for your physical therapy appointments. There is also street parking on all sides of the Jantzen Park building.
What should I wear?
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is not restrictive. If you have a lower extremity problem please wear shorts. For back and upper extremity problems please wear either a tank or sports bra for women.
What conditions can you treat?
Life’s Work has specialized programs, all of which are evidence-based:
- Biopsychosocial program for orthopedic evaluation, treatment and secondary prevention (2 studies published in peer-reviewed journals)
- Headache evaluation and treatment program
- Spinal evaluation and treatment (includes neck, thorax, lower back and sacroiliac regions)
- Whiplash Associated Disorders (MVA and non-MVA)
- Return to work program (for Worker’s Comp cases)
- TMD (temporomandibular muscle disorder) program
- Women’s health program: Pregnancy and Post-Partum
- Stabilization programs for shoulders, lumbo-pelvic, knees and cervical spine
- Knee program – pre-op, post-op and non-operative (pending publication)
Don’t see your question listed here?
Please send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to help answer it for you.