What Kind of Treatment Will I Receive?
We’ll help you get back to living with the very latest, research-based treatments, including:
- Orthopedic manual therapy to help your body heal with muscle retraining, relaxation, soft tissue mobilization, joint stiffness, and scar tissue remodeling
- Therapeutic home exercises and changes to your posture and workstation to strengthen your body, minimize injury risk, and improve muscle control
- Stress management techniques to lessen muscle tension, improve body performance, and support healing.
“I had the most incredible experience at Life’s Work! My back no longer hurts. I feel great, and will use the exercises they taught me forever!”Kellie B.
“Therapy has transformed my walking, posture, and balance—not to mention realigning my ankle and foot.”Barbara S.
Specialty Physical Therapy
We also have many specialty programs :
- Biopsychosocial program for orthopedic evaluation, treatment, and secondary prevention (2 studies published in peer-reviewed journals):
- Headache evaluation and treatment program
- Spinal evaluation and treatment (includes neck, thorax, lower back and sacroiliac regions)
- Whiplash Associated Disorders (MVA and non-MVA)
- Return to work program (for Workers’ Comp cases)
- TMD (temporomandibular muscle disorder) program
- Women’s health program (pregnancy and postpartum, incontinence & pelvic-floor, osteoporosis and osteopenia, menopause, post-breast surgery)
- Dance physical therapy
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Stabilization programs for shoulders, lumbo-pelvic, knees, and cervical spine
- Knee program: pre-op, post-op, and non-operative
“This is the single best healthcare experience I’ve had in Portland. My PT has a level of compassion I have honestly NEVER encountered with any healthcare professional.”Mikaela E.