What To Expect
Regardless of your age, lifestyle, or pain level, there’s never a bad time to start physical therapy. If you’ve had bad experiences with medical treatments in the past, you might feel frustrated or resigned to living in pain. We can help you. Our deep knowledge of orthopedic issues and expertise with complex and persistent pain allows us to continuously succeed where past treatments have failed.
What is physical therapy? What does a physical therapist do?
These are good questions. A skilled physical therapist can help you:
- Heal from pain and injuries and recover from surgery
- Increase strength and flexibility
- Improve your quality of life
- Set and reach specific goals for sports, recreational activities, and lifestyle changes
- Set a plan for aging gracefully and staying active even when you don’t have pain
At Life’s Work, we excel at treating musculoskeletal issues (which involve your skeleton and muscles). Our physical therapists are experts at understanding the causes of even the most stubborn and complicated pain. This enables us to empower our clients with the knowledge and tools they need to better understand their bodies and improve their lives.
What Kind of Treatment Will I Receive?
At Life’s Work, we don’t rely on one-size-fits-all solutions. Different types of pain and injuries require different and very specific treatments. In addition, each person’s body and lifestyle are unique. That’s why we build your treatment around you and your goals for the future. We’ll help you get back to living with the very latest, research-based treatments, including:
- Orthopedic manual therapy to help your body heal with muscle retraining, relaxation, soft tissue mobilization, joint stiffness, and scar tissue remodeling
- Therapeutic home exercises and changes to your posture and workstation to strengthen your body, minimize injury risk, and improve muscle control
- Stress management techniques to lessen muscle tension, improve body performance, and support healing
- Education, education, education: you will be an expert on your injury and how to recover and stay healthy as you age
How often will I come to physical therapy?
Care plans are custom designed by your physical therapist based on your diagnosis, acuity, and goals. After your first appointment, your physical therapist will work with you to devise a treatment plan that is appropriate for you. Keep in mind that in order to help you solve your problems, we need to see you regularly, especially at first.
What Will Happen at My Appointment?
You’ll be greeted warmly and treated with respect from the moment you walk in the door. Everyone here strives to become your extended “physical therapy family.” At your first appointment and every subsequent one, you’ll meet one on one with your physical therapist. Visits are between 40 and 75 minutes. We never rush you and always make sure you have plenty of time to get all your questions answered.
We’ll begin by:
- Talking with you about your pain, history, lifestyle, and recovery goals
- Perform a detailed, precise physical assessment where we consider both specific regions and how your entire body is functioning as a system
One of the reasons we consistently outperform other physical therapy clinics is that we have the expertise and the patience to find and address all the factors causing your pain. Too many medical professionals simply treat surface-level symptoms without solving the real problem.
Your success is our success
Our clients leave treatment with a plan, empowered with the information they need to get better, stay better, and age greatly, not just gracefully. Let’s work together to get you back to all the things you love most.
1 out of 10
On average, Life's Work PT patients report a 1 out of 10 on the pain scale at the end of their treatment - we're two times more effective in relieving pain than opioids!
Life's Work PT patients are able to return to sports/life activities after their treatment. On average, their function scores at the end of treatment are 85-100%.
9 of 10
9 out of 10 Life's Work PT patients would recommend us to their friends and family!